Wednesday, September 9, 2020

I've come to realize...

 ...without my pets, I would not be. 

I lost my 15 year old Brittany, Frodo, two weeks ago. He was my peace in this world.

I literally have no one (human) to provide even a speck of peace otherwise. Family is either non-existent, or causing great harm. Friends are only friends when convenient, don't reach out unless they need something, or proving not to be as close as I thought they were. Or maybe that I hoped they were.

I'm shutting down. That is clear. I fear for the future. 

However, the one bright light...I am taking in another needy soul. And he, in turn, will provide me the purpose that otherwise is lacking.

RIP Frodo. Your absence feels like the weight of the world on my soul. Thank you for getting me through these past two years.

Frodo ( (Photo credit: Me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment