Saturday, November 12, 2011

More about my last post

One of the things that prompted me to post the last time was a story I heard on the local news about a "Pit Bull" having bit a child in the face, then being shot after it "charged" police.
I'm bummed everytime I hear one of these stories. It is horrific that a child is bit; that being said, the story did state the child reached for candy in front of the dog. That is not an excuse for the dog biting the child, but it IS a reason why you have to supervise children and dogs of ANY breed.
I was curious as to all of the details and found the following article on the local newspaper online:
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_docid=13AF26760B0E6DD8&p_docnum=1

All in all, mistakes were made, a child was injured, a dog is dead, and everybody thinks it's another example of the Pit Bull breed. Just remember the headline from this article if nothing else: "Owner said dog wasn't Pit Bull."

No comments:

Post a Comment