Saturday, July 14, 2012

In Memory Of Lennox

I came to learn of Lennox through links on Twitter. Not sure exactly when I learned of him, but the circumstances surrounding this dog spoke to me, as does any case of injustice towards an animal. Read more about the specifics of Lennox at http://www.savelennox.co.uk/ *Note: The website is down until 7/22/12, so please check back if you are reading my blog before that date. If the site changes its url, I will come back and post it in a new post.
You can also read about the campaign to save Lennox here: http://savelennox.com/ That being said, the campaign to specifically save Lennox has ended because he was euthanized on 7/11/12. However, the memory of Lennox will never end. While it is tremendously sad and upsetting that he is gone, perhaps he will be the one who finally changes breed specific legislation. I work in animal care and I know you have to take dogs as individuals. If you don't, you are foolish, prone to getting hurt, and will be limited in your success in dog training. I learned this long ago and it is re-emphasized on a regular basis.
If there are any specifics you want to talk about concerning Lennox's story, please post a comment. There are already so many things on the internet that I don't want to re-hash too much. I simply want to pass on this lovely piece by Lennox's family.

(Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=447890705231210&set=pb.125005200853097.-2207520000.1351442846&type=3&theater)

No comments:

Post a Comment