Saturday, July 14, 2012

We Are Lennox

Surprise! A second post today. You know what they say, when inspiration hits...

Patch: "I am a Dalmatian mix. It is known that the white color of Dalmatians can lead to deafness or hearing issues. This can make a Dalmatian snappy due to being startled from not hearing you. Even I have grumbled on occasion, particularly at the vet when they did something I did not like. However, my mommie worked with me and always warns people of my limitations. I like going to the vet now and can be trusted as much as any dog can be. I would hate for all Dalmatians to be deemed dangerous across the board, taken from their families, and put to sleep before their time. I AM LENNOX!"

(Photo credit: Me.)

Mona:" I am a Long-Haired Chihuahua. I was a stray that my mommie caught and turned into the animal shelter, sure my former people would be looking for me (they weren't). I was scared to death at the shelter and when my mommie called to check on me the next day, the staff said I would be put down due to fear aggression. Because my mommie is an animal lover and truly wants to help pets, she asked the staff is she could adopt me since she turned me in. She felt an immediate responsibility for me (lucky me!) and they let her take me...LUCKY ME! (Funny, I would've been free if mommie would've never turned me in to the shelter, but she paid $100 to get me out. LOL mommie!) Mommie worked with me and knows my limitations, warning people when to back off (especially kids since I don't care for them), and I have turned out to be such a good little girl. Chihuahuas have a reputation for being nasty, but I would hate for all of us to be deemed unsuitable to live. I AM LENNOX!"

(Photo credit: Me.)

2 comments:

  1. Your dogs are adorable! And lucky to have found you. My Bella would also not make it out of a shelter due to fear issues, her size and her color.

    Thanks for writing this post - we need to let everybody know that, while it's Pit Bulls today, it could be any dog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! And Bella is just adorable, too! :)

    ReplyDelete